- This event has passed.
Crow Fly Farms Whole Hog & Wine Dinner
June 15 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$190.00
Join us for the first annual whole hog dinner featuring wine pairings on Wednesday, June 15 starting at 6 PM from the Chefs of Chestnut-
Executive Chef – Brian Crow
Chef de cuisine – Matthew Dorough
Sous Chef – Ashley Helms
Pastry Chef – Mallory Foster
Commissary Sous Chef – Noah Buchanan
The hog is sourced from Crow Fly Farms. Here’s a snippet of who they are:
Crow Fly Farms is located in the foothills of Western North Carolina just outside the mountain town of Marion. A love for animals, concern for the environment, and an affinity for great food started us down the path that got us here today. Through trainings with the Savory Institute, we were able to learn the skills necessary to manage holistically. This allows us to ensure that the entirety of our farm is benefitting and regenerating from the day-to-day decisions that we make. The heart of our farm and the regeneration that is happening is our animals. They are what makes this whole system work. We are focused on using heritage breeds that operate well within our context. We raise Red Wattle hogs because they produce an excellent tasting well marbled meat but most importantly, they excel outdoors in pasture and forest. Our pigs are fed an entirely Soy-Free Organic feed, produced right here in NC by Reedy Fork Farms. They supplement their diet with acorns, grubs, grass, bugs, and whatever else they can root up. Their days are spent roaming under the canopy of our hardwood forest and most importantly being pigs.
Cost is $190 per person to include food, alcohol, 7% Tax and 20% gratuity.
1st Course – Chef Noah Buchanan
- Charcuterie Board… Headcheese, Blackberry Mostarda, Herb Salad, Blackpepper Thyme Cracker, Saucisson en Brioche, Roasted Mushroom Bacon Butter, Cippolini Relish, Micro Mustard Greens
- Wine Pairing: 2020 Pascal Janvier Blanc – Loire Valley, France
2nd Course – Chef Ashley Helms
- Bourbon Glazed Pork Belly.. Grilled Peach Chutney, Pommes Anna, Micro Sorrel (GF)
- Wine Pairing: 2021 KC Labs Sonomasuolo – North Coast, California
3rd Course – Chef Brian Crow
- Carnitas 3 Ways… 1. Empanada – Blue Corn Masa, Jicama Slaw, Chipotle Crema, Cotija 2. Tamale – Corn Husk, Giulio Pepper Puree, Mango Salsa 3. Taco – Crispy Sweet Potato, Avocado Pico, Micro Cilantro
- Wine Pairing: 2019 Pazo de Monterrey – Mencia, Spain
4th Course – Chef Matthew Dorough
- Fennel Dusted Porchetta… Roasted Local Mushrooms, Smoked Potato and Fennel Mash, Watercress, Lusty Monk Pork Demi (GF)
- Wine Pairing: 2019 Benevelli Barbera Bricco del Pilone – Piedmont, Italy
5th Course – Chef Mallory Foster
- Grilled Pork Pound Cake… Cinnamon Ice Cream, Roasted Blackberry Compote, Cinnamon Sugar Chicharones, Bacon Dulce de Leche, Pickled Blackberries
- Wine Pairing: 2019 Roumieu Lacoste Sauternes – Bordeaux, France
Due to this type of dinner we cannot effectively deviate from the menu as written. If you have special dietary needs, the restaurant will do the best they can to accommodate them but you must let us know in advance.
We will do our very best to seat folks together. We will contact everyone a few days prior to the event to learn who wants to sit with whom. You are welcome to add it in the notes of your order as well. Thank you for understanding.
* May be cooked to order. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness. GF = Gluten Free. V = Vegetarian